Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Cerro Santa Lucia

I developed plantar fasciitis about a month before leaving for Chile, which has somewhat hampered my ability to explore my new home. It's basically an inflammation of the tissue connecting your heel to your toes that makes it painful to walk, dance, stand... do anything but sit around icing your foot. It's the kind of thing you get shoe inserts for. The kind of thing you go to the podiatrist for. The kind of thing that can last for months, and longer if you don't let it rest. But not the kind of thing I'm going to let keep me down.

One of my methods of getting around the problem is to control my outings fairly carefully, and limit myself on bad days to just one trip. So the last week in March, when my foot was feeling unusually, wonderfully normal, I took a trip to Cerro Santa Lucia, an oasis of flowering green and rocky hillside in the middle of Santiago. Also rated #6 of things to do in Santiago on TripAdvisor at the time of my visit. But I'm not going to talk about it. I'm going to show you.














No comments:

Post a Comment